CBBS's mission is to educate, develop, and inspire healthcare professionals in transfusion medicine and cellular therapy to improve practice and patient outcomes.
CBBS works to achieve these goals through:
- Regional Seminars, held in Northern and Southern California, for nurses, donor technicians, donor resource professionals, laboratory technicians, medical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, quality assurance professionals, compliance staff, administrators and physicians. The seminars are held in the fourth or first quarter of each year, and are announced on our website.
- An Annual Meeting, complete with vendor exhibits and participation, which alternates between Northern and Southern California. The Annual Meeting affords attendees an opportunity to meet with their peers in an informal, relaxed environment, as well as attend quality seminars covering all areas of Transfusion Medicine.
- A twice-yearly publication, CBBS Today
- Committee activities, focusing on issues affecting staff working in various areas of blood centers and hospital transfusion services, safety/compliance, and State emergency planning.
- The CBBS website
- The CBBS Education Fund
- Award Presentations
- "CBBS-The Early Years" by Joseph Hayhurst, MD - CBBS President, 1965-66
- An Updated History of CBBS - "CBBS - The Early Challenges" (presented by Dr Herbert Perkins at 50th Annual Meeting, 2003)
- Special Awards
- Past Presidents
- Membership Applications (Individual and Organization)