CBBS supports Health Care Professionals involved in Transfusion Medicine by:
- providing continuing education
- strengthening professional relationships
- responding to regional issues
- encouraging collaborative efforts
CBBS works to achieve these goals through:
- Regional Seminars, held in Northern and Southern California, for nurses, donor technicians, donor resource professionals, laboratory technicians, medical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, quality assurance professionals, compliance staff, administrators and physicians. The seminars are held in the fourth or first quarter of each year, and are announced on our website.
- An Annual Meeting, complete with vendor exhibits and participation, which alternates between Northern and Southern California. The Annual Meeting affords attendees an opportunity to meet with their peers in an informal, relaxed environment, as well as attend quality seminars covering all areas of Transfusion Medicine. Click for details.
- A twice-yearly publication, CBBS Today
- Committee activities, focusing on issues affecting staff working in various areas of blood centers and hospital transfusion services, safety/compliance, and State emergency planning.
- This website
- The CBBS Education Fund
- Award Presentations
Membership Applications (Individual and Institutional)
Central Office (Address, phone). The CBBS Form 990 can be obtained upon request through the CBBS Central Office.